Foundations and Basic Commitments
This section contains policies that provide a setting for the school board’s legal role in providing public education and the basic principles underlying school board governance.
- AA – Hanover School Division Policy Manual
- AB – HSD Organizational Chart
- AD – Educational Philosophy, Mission Statement and Priorities
- AE – Respectful Workplace
- AE-A – Harassment Complaint Form
- AE-B – Harassment Respondent’s Response
- AEA – Smoke-Free Environment
- AF – Respect for Human Diversity
- AG – Safe Schools Policy
- AG-A – Hanover School Division Code of Conduct
School Board Governance and Operations
This section contains polices on the governance and operation of the school board, including how trustees are appointed or elected; how the board is organized; how it conducts meetings; how it operates; and bylaws / policies establishing the board’s internal operating procedures.
- BA – Board of Trustees
- BB – Duties of Superintendent: Chief Executive Office
- BBA – Recruitment of Superintendent/CEO
- BBB – Superintendent: CEO Performance Assessment
- BC – Commercial or Personal Interests of Board Members
- BD – Board Operations and Procedural By-laws
- BE – Trustee Remuneration, Expenses and Resources
- BF – Trustee Code of Conduct | Addressing Breach of Conduct (Appendix A)
- BG – Policy Development and Adoption
- BGA – Policy Review and Revision
General School Administration
This section contains policies pertaining to the management and administrative organization of schools in the division. This section also includes policies on the personnel policies of the superintendent, senior administration and principals. All phases of policy implementation are located in this section.
This section contains policies pertaining to school finances, the management of divisional and school funds, and funding the construction of new buildings or the renovations of current school buildings.
This section contains policies pertaining to non-instructional services and programs such as: Student Services, Workplace Safe and Health; Buildings and Grounds Management, Office Services, and Transportation.
- EA – Student Services
- EAA – Use of a Certified Service Animal in a School Form
EAA-1 – Request for Approval for the Use of a Service Animal Form
EAA-2 – Certified Service Animal Registration Agreement
- EB – Workplace Safety and Health Policy
- EBA – Accidents
- EBB – Blood Borne Infections
- EBC – Vocational Shops/Labs Housekeeping
- EBD – Control of Hazardous Energy:Lockout
- EC – Health Services
- ECB – Medical Issues
- ED – School Bus Drivers Hours of Service
- EDA – School Bus Idling
- EDB – School Bus Mileage Allocation to Schools
- EDC – Cancellation of Bus Service
- EDD – Transportation of Students for Extra-Curricular Trips
- EDE – Student Code of Conduct on a School Bus
This section contains policies pertaining to students and includes: admissions, attendance, rights and responsibilities, conduct, discipline, health and welfare, and school-related activities.
This section contains policies pertaining to education agencies and statements on public sector relations with the division.