Becoming a School Trustee
School board elections are a great opportunity to get involved in public education – by voting or running as a candidate for school trustee. School board elections are held every four years, in conjunction with municipal elections, on the fourth Wednesday in October. Whether your interest is as a candidate or a voter, the goal of this page is to provide you with the information you need.
2018 School Trustee Election
- Election day will held on Wednesday October 24, 2018. Polls will be open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Advance voting will take place October 18, 2018 from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm in the HSD Administration Office (Conference Room).
- Manitoba School Boards Association (website)
- The Municipal Councils and School Boards Elections Act (website)
- The Public Schools Act (website)
(Printed copies of the Trustee Information & Nomination Handbook will be available at the HSD Administration Office front desk beginning August 1, 2018)