The following menus provide access to Hanover School Division policies in PDF format. Click the tabs below to toggle between sections.
Section A: Foundations and Basic Commitments
The Foundations and Basic Commitments section contains policies that provide a setting for the school board’s legal role in providing public education and the basic principles underlying school board governance.
- AB – HSD Organization Chart
- AD – Mission Statement, Educational Philosophy and Priorities
- AE – Respectful Workplace
- AE-A – Harassment Complaint Form
- AE-B – Harassment Respondent’s Response
- AEA – Smoke Free Environment
- AF – Respect For Human Diversity
- AG – Safe Schools Policy
- AG-A – Hanover School Division Code of Conduct
Section B: School Board Governance and Operations
The School Board Governance and Operations section contains polices on the governance and operation of the school board, including how trustees are appointed or elected; how the board is organized; how it conducts meetings; how it operates; and bylaws / policies establishing the board’s internal operating procedures.
- BA – Board of Trustees
- BB – Duties of Superintendent: Chief Executive Office
- BBA – Recruitment of Superintendent/CEO
- BBB – Superintendent: CEO Performance Assessment
- BC – Conflict of Interest Policy
- BD – Board Operations and Procedural By-Laws
- BE – Trustee Remuneration and Expenses
- BF – Board Member Code of Conduct | Appendix A
- BG – Policy Development and Adoption
- BGA – Policy Review and Revision
- BH – Public Interest Disclosure
Section C: General School Administration
Section D: Fiscal Management
Section E: Support Services
The Support Services section contains policies pertaining to non-instructional services and programs such as: Student Services, Workplace Safe and Health; Buildings and Grounds Management, Office Services, and Transportation.
- EA – Student Services
- EAA – Use of a Certified Service Animal in a School
EAA-1 – Request for Approval for the Use of a Service Animal Form
EAA-2 – Certified Service Animal Registration Agreement
- EB – Workplace Safety and Health
- EBB – Blood Borne Infections
- EC – Health Services
- ECB – Medical Issues
- ED – School Bus Drivers Hours of Service
- EDA – School Bus Idling
- EDC – Cancellation of Bus Services
- EDD – Transportation of Students for Extra-Curricular Trips
- EDE – Student Code of Conduct on a School Bus
- EF – Workplace Violence Prevention
Section G: Personnel
The Personnel section contains policies pertaining to various aspects of employment that either enhance subjects located in employment agreements or are not referred to in employment agreements between Hanover School Division and it’s staff.
Section J: Students
The Students section contains policies pertaining to students and includes: admissions, attendance, rights and responsibilities, conduct, discipline, health and welfare, and school-related activities.
Section K: School, Community, Home Relations
The Community Relations section contains policies pertaining to education agencies and statements on public sector relations with the division.