Framework for Continuous Improvement
Manitoba’s K-12 Framework for Continuous Improvement emphasizes coherence, capacity building, data-informed decision making and shared responsibility for student achievement. It requires that school divisions:
- Embed accountability in their planning and reporting to ensure high levels of academic achievement in literacy and numeracy for all students.
- Examine and analyze disaggregated student achievement data, provided by the Department, to better understand trends and patterns to inform instruction and develop appropriate supports for all students.
- Address literacy and numeracy.
Purpose of Framework
- Increase the overall capacity and capability of the K-12 education system.
- Close the achievement gap and ensure high levels of achievement in numeracy and literacy for all students.
- Ensure the collection and analysis of student achievement data to inform instructional practice and school/school division planning and reporting.
- Promote reflection and collaborative inquiry.
- Increase transparency and ensure accountability for continuous improvement.
- Enhance instructional leadership capacity.
HSD Plans & Assessments
The existing HSD Deeper Learning Plan will facilitate and build upon the framework for continuous improvement of academic achievement in literacy and numeracy.
As students become more academically engaged, intellectually engaged, emotionally engaged, and social engaged with their learning, they will develop as learners, critical thinkers, communicators, collaborators, and exhibit creativity, good citizenship and good character. The development of the six C’s and 2 L’s will also be reflected in the overall academic performance of our students, not only literacy and numeracy, but in all subject areas.
To support these efforts, we will utilize divisional data and systems to plan for, monitor, and report on the progress of student achievement within the Hanover School Division.